Hello, people of San Antonio! Gabriela Couvillion here with your Monday edition of the San Antonio Daily.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly cloudy and very warm. High: 89 Low: 68.
Are you a local business owner or marketer? We can help you effortlessly run effective ads that reach customers in San Antonio. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top stories in San Antonio today:
- Easter Sunday is almost here, and if you’re looking for a place to celebrate with the family, there are lots of venues right here in town that offer delicious Easter treats and deals! Whether you’re going out for Easter Brunch or dinner with the family, or picking up the holiday meal and desserts, you can do it all at various local eateries! Gather the family and start planning now for a Happy Easter with all! For a list of places with details, please visit: (mySA)
- A 5-month-old puppy named Miley is ready to be adopted from the San Antonio Humane Society (SAHS) located at 4804 Fredericksburg Rd. The puppy recently had heart surgery to correct “a heart condition called ‘patent ductus arteriosus’ which causes an opening between two major blood vessels outside of the heart that does not close properly after birth.” If the condition isn’t treated, “it could lead to congestive heart failure,” but Miley was fortunate that Dr. Kelly Might from Austin agreed to perform the surgery. Now Miley is getting “a second chance at life” to enjoy it with a “fur-ever” family! Potential adopters should note that the dog “will need regular veterinary care, including cardiology exams.” Other than that, “she should be able to live the life of a normal puppy.” For more information, please call the San Antonio Humane Society at 210-226-7461 and visit: (KSAT San Antonio)
- On Monday, April 4, Redistricting Advisory Committee members unanimously voted to approve a Committee Draft Plan, which was released “for public review and comment” last week. “The draft plan is a product of numerous, lengthy discussions and consensus building efforts from all 23 advisory committee members over 9 advisory committee meetings, including four map drawing sessions.” To review the plan and make your comments for the Advisory Committee, please find it at SASpeakUp through the month of April. You can also find copies of the plan can also be found at various San Antonio libraries and can provide your comments by calling 311 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, including a list of libraries where you get copies of the plan, please visit: (Press Release Desk)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a Patch Brand Partner. We all know that Ring is the leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Ring now makes a home security system that is getting raves from consumer electronic experts?
To learn more about Ring Alarm Pro, the system CNET called “the future of home security,” or to build your own custom system, visit Ring here.
Today in San Antonio:
- Poetry Collage at Cortez Library. For more information call Vicky Villalobos at 210-207-9130. (6 am)
- 36th Annual North San Antonio Chamber Spring Golf Tournament at 12930 Country Pkwy. (7:30 a.m.)
- Annual Research Symposium and Creative Activities Exhibition at St. Mary’s University, Alumni Athletics and Convocation Center, Classroom 2160. For more information contact Melissa Karlin, Ph.D., at email@example.com. (2pm)
- Music Mondays Live! at Pruitt Library, located at 5110 Walzem Road. For more information contact Nick Blevins at NBlevi@NEISD.net. (4:30pm)
- Teen Music Monday Virtual Event Hosted by various San Antonio libraries. For more information contact Bek Corley at firstname.lastname@example.org. (5pm)
- Pixar Putt at 125 N. Flores St. Purchase your tickets here (available online only. No tickets sold at the door.) For questions, please visit Pixar Putt USA – FAQ and sign up for their mailing list at Pixar Putt USA – Sign Up. Please contact the venue for exact hours. (All Day)
From my notebook:
- “Bittersweet news at the San Antonio Zoo. Arizona the jaguar’s last day at the zoo will be on Monday, April 11. Be sure to go see her before she leaves! The good news is that Arizona will be leaving to another facility as part of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums’ Jaguar Species Survival Plan (SSP), led by expert advisors who cooperatively work together to maximize genetic diversity, appropriately manage the demographic distribution and long -term sustainability of TAG recommended Animal Programs within AZA member institutions.” (Facebook)
- “San Antonio is the perfect city for enjoying a meal outdoors at The Fairmount Rooftop Oyster Bar located at 401 S Alamo St.” (Instagram)
- San Antonio ISD is here to support you with your back-to-school needs for the 2022-23 academic year at SAISD! Register by Monday, April 18 to receive a backpack! Each student must enroll and be present the first week of school to receive the free backpack from their school. Please note that both new and returning Pre-K to 12th grade students at SAISD will register in Frontline for the 2022-23 year. Register your child by visiting saisd.net/enroll or by contacting your child’s school.” (Facebook)
- “Celebrating Easter in San Antonio this year? Here are some things to do with the family while you’re here!” (Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- San Antonio’s specialists’ discussion of personal injury lawyers (April 24)
- Free online Q&A with a San Antonio personal injury lawyer (May 7)
- Add your event
Loving the San Antonio Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Monday. I’ll see you around!
— Gabriela Couvillion
About me: I’m an active mom of two grown sons and lifelong San Antonio resident. I received a BA in Spanish from the University of Texas at San Antonio, and in my free time I immerse myself in creative writing. Thanks for reading Patch, and feel free to reach out if you have any news and happenings you think may appeal to our readers!